"I like middles. It is in middles that extremes clash, where ambiguity recklessly rules." ~ John Updike
Here's what to expect at this month's NE Florida FWA meetings:
- The River City Writers meet tonight at 7PM at the Pablo Creek Library. Contact Gregg Golson for details.
- You're invited to attend the Ancient City Writers meeting gathering together on Saturday, August 17 at 10AM at St. Augustine's Main Library. All in attendance will hear award-winning author Nancy Quatrano discuss "What's So Special About a Series?" Nancy tells us that writing a series makes financial sense since sales are proportionately better, and she'll tell you how to build a series.
- The Clay County Writers are back in session after a two-month sabaatical. They meet on Wednesday, August 21 at 6:15PM at the Orange Park Library. Author Amy Stewart will be there to talk about her books, her life, and her career. Amy is the author of the Kopp Sisters mystery series, and three popular nonfiction titles.
- Erik Deckers returns to the Ponte Vedra Writers meeting on Saturday, August 24 to tell us "How to Structure and Write a Nonfiction Book." Erik is a professional blogger who has co-authored books on social media marketing and personal branding. He'll join us at the Ponte Vedra Library on the 24th at 10:30AM.
- The Amelia Island Writers will meet at the same date and time—the fourth Tuesday of the month at 4PM—but have a new temporary meeting place. The group can be found at Island Art, 18 N. 2nd Street in Fenandina Beach on August 27, and they will discuss programming ideas for 2020.
- October is right around the corner, so it's definitely not too early to register for the 18th Annual Florida Writers Conference featuring presentations by bestselling authors Sherrilyn Kenyon, Jonathan Maberry, and Deliah S. Dawson. Maberry is also the Celebrity Writer and will present a full day workshop prior to the conference on October 17.
- A Gathering of Poets continues its poetic probing on the first and third Thursdays of the month at the Ponte Vera Beach Branch Library at 2:00PM. All writers of the poetic persuasion are invited.