- On Tuesday, December 13, the River City Writers welcomes author Jessie Harrell providing tips on book promotion. Jessie's debut novel, Destined, launched last month and she will discuss her marketing strategies. They meet at 7PM at the SE Branch Library. Contact Gregg Golson for more details.
- There's a joint meeting going on Saturday, December 17 at St. Augustine's Main Library at 10:15 a.m. This is the time and location for the monthly Ancient City Writers chapter, but they will be joined by the Clay County Writers as group leader Maureen Jung presents, "Communicate with Purpose: How to Optimize Impact." Maureen (pictured at right) tells us about all the other communications necessary once your book is written, how technology has changed the way we communicate, and how we can take advantage of it. Clay County's regular meeting on the 21st has been cancelled, and members are invited to join Maureen in St. Augustine. And since there will be no meeting of the Ponte Vedra Writers this month, let's make it a three-way meeting. This is a good time to network with other writers.
- And while there's no meeting of the Ponte Vedra Writers this month due to the Christmas holiday, look for a special meeting in January—and on a special date. On Saturday, January 14 at 10:30 a.m. at the Ponte Vedra Library (early voting at the library has pushed us out of our typical 4th Saturday schedule), we'll present "Writing the Thriller Novel," with a panel of, what else, thriller writers. Should be a good one. Look for more details in the next blog post.
- The Amelia Island Writers will not be meeting this month due to the Christmas holidays.
- The First Coast Christian Writers, an affiliate of FWA, meets each Thursday at 6:45 p.m. at the West Regional Library on S. Chaffee Road. Contact Tracey Redman for details.
- Noted author Larry Baker, The Flamingo Rising and The Good Man, will speak at the Ponte Vedra Library's Book Talk Cafe program, Monday, December 12 at 6:30 p.m.
- June Weltman presents her "Writing Mysteries for Children & Teens" workshop, an 8-week adult education class starting January 19 at Mandarin High School. Information and registration at www.schools.org/mhs, or contact June.
- Coming in February – John Dufresne leads a workshop on "Write Your Novel in Six Months," Saturday, Feb. 11 at Flagler College. $50 for FWA members ($55 after Jan. 1), $60 for non-members ($65 after Jan. 1). Register online here, or call Kim Bradley at 904-669-1845. More details in the next blog post.
FWA Regional Director